Friday, May 12, 2017

JH Sayyar's Sonnets

432
O Lady! Your simple beauty incites my pen and Muse,
To write about your pretty eyes and heart full of ruth
Images float in my brain and anon make me confuse,
Your vows compel for hate, your love inspires for truth,
But my Muse surveys your heart through pretty eyes,
Jealousy sits in your heart and cunning hate in your ball
My third listens to hundreds of lovers’ hue and cries,
In your four pretty cell of heart can walk but crawl
O Rose your beauty mortal dying slowly look in glass,
Silver in your head shining, trenches in your cheek,
Furrows on your forehead and trembling hands, alas!
Your rose beauty deceiving still, hearts via mind freak

All mortal but goods of tongue and hands remain forever,
Health, wealth and beauty, cruel time anon does devour